1. Exclusive Rights – Cover Villain retains copyright ownership of the cover design/image(s) after Client purchase. Cover Villain requires that a full copyright notice be placed in the e-book or print book recognizing Cover Villain’s copyright ownership of the cover and any other copyright notices or requirements relating to photographs or other images used when producing the cover design. The required information will be provided to you with delivery of the cover art files. Client/Purchaser assumes any and all liability for failure to comply with this requirement or for failure to supply proper Copyright Notice in the published work.
1. Exclusive Rights are for the cover as-is. The Client is not allowed to make modifications of any kind unless otherwise noted in the section below. “Modifications” include, but are not limited to, changing the author name, the title, cutting and/or pasting images or text, color modifications. Any and all modifications to the book cover artwork must be done by Cover Villain. Once final book cover artwork has been delivered, Cover Villain will assess a $50 hourly rate for requested modification(s).
1. The Client is permitted to resize and crop the cover for their personal needs.
2. Exclusive Rights – Cover Villain retains copyright ownership of the cover design/image(s) after Client purchase. Cover Villain requires that a full copyright notice be placed in the e-book or print book recognizing Cover Villain’s copyright ownership of the cover and any other copyright notices or requirements relating to photographs or other images used when producing the cover design. The required information will be provided to you with delivery of the cover art files. Client/Purchaser assumes any and all liability for failure to comply with this requirement or for failure to supply proper Copyright Notice in the published work.
2. Full Assignment of Rights – Includes all creative content developed or created by Cover Villain exclusively for the cover and incorporated into and delivered as part of the Final Deliverables, including and by way of example, not limitation, any and all visual designs, visual elements, graphic design, illustration, photography, typographic treatments and text, modifications to Client content, and Cover Villain’s selection, arrangement and coordination of such elements together with Client Content and/or Third Party Materials.
3. Final Deliverables means the final versions of deliverables provided by Cover Villain and accepted by Client.
2. THIRD-PARTY IMAGE LICENSES:
1. Buying any image(s) license from a third-party website or photographer (purchasing the license(s)) does not transfer copyright ownership to the Client. Client may not claim that a licensed image is their property. Client may not sell, re-license for use by another, or in any way distribute the image(s) for resale to a third party.
2. In the event that Cover Villain purchases a special, third party image license for production of Client’s book cover, Client agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of any license agreement for that image and to post required Copyright Notice, as provided by Cover Villain, in their published work. It should be assumed that all Third-Party Image Licenses purchased by Cover Villain has a maximum distribution cap of 500,000 printed copies.
3. If Client wishes to extend the distribution cap, the Cover Villain may purchase an extended license at an additional cost beyond the original agreement.
4. In the case of the Full Assignment of Rights, all third-party images require an extended license and will be billed to the Client.
5. It is the Client’s responsibility to maintain proper image licensing for any image used in the cover art. If the cover is printed more than the stipulated amount and the cover breaches the stock photo contract, it is at the Client’s liability. Cover Villain is not responsible for any penalties by third-party vendors due to licensing infringement.
1. The Artist agrees to treat all information about the Client’s work as confidential and not cause or permit such information to be disclosed to any third party.
2. In the case of Custom Covers, the Artist agrees not to share to share finalized work until after author’s publication date.
3. In the case of Premade Covers, the Artist agrees not to share the modified cover containing the Author Title, Series Name, or Author Name until after publication.
1. The Artist may still use the original premade cover for their portfolio or promotional purposes.
4. PROMOTIONS & CREDITS
1. CREDIT: Cover Villain will be credited on the back cover or inside the book.
1. Attribution shall be written as: Cover by Cover Villain | www.covervillain.com
2. PORTFOLIO AGREEMENT – Cover Villain retains the right to include the cover in their portfolio or business promotion in both digital and physical media. If the Client does not wish to have their cover art used for marketing or display purposes, please make a request via email email@example.com.
1. Premade Covers – Client may receive a 100% refund of their purchase prior to Cover customizing the cover with Author Name, Book Title, Tag Line, Size, Formatting, etc…. Once the cover has been altered, or if you have received files for proofing, the purchase is final and no refunds will be given.